Who we are?
Sankalp Save Indian Grain Foundation (SIGO) is a social enterprise, dedicated to the design, development and delivery of modern grain storage solutions, Grameen Kalyan Kendra/ aggregate food hubs and agri stakeholder and cluster maps for small and marginal farmers in India.
We are passionate about stemming postharvest losses in India.
What we do?
1 - Minute intro to our work
Why we need your support? Fundraiser page on Ketto.org
This is a two minute pitch towards crowdfunding for a pilot project to stem postharvest losses and improve farm incomes.
We have been working on SIGO for past three years and are confident of what’s required to pull this off. Now, we need your help and support to power our efforts in constructing a prototype Grameen Kalyan Kendra/ aggregate food hubs along with a 5,000 MT flat-bottom farm bin.
How we plan to go about?
This five minute animation explains the workflow of the pilot project to stem postharvest losses and improve farm incomes.
Where we are in development
SIGO has designed and developed Grameen Kalyan Kendra/ aggregate food hubs, flat-bottom farm bins and agri cluster maps. We have tagged and mapped agri stakeholders and commodities, configured our supply chain, and are now commencing work on construction of Grameen Kalyan Kendra/ aggregate food hubs and flat-bottom farm bins in Hardoi, UP.
Traction and Validation
- Shortlisted for “StartupIndia” initiative launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Jan. 16th, 2016
- Selected among Top 30 Technology companies by Yourstory.com, a leading online media platform, at#TechSparks2015 on Oct. 31st, 2015
- Invited by Digital India for storytelling session at IITF, Pragati Maidan on 17th Nov. 2016
- Invited to speak about post-harvest losses and our work by Josh Meets at Lucknow, on 25th June, 2016
- “Agri Cluster Maps can help India improve its existing Food Supply Chains” published in Agriculture World, Feb. 2016
So why should you support us?
- Be the first to come on board this project, and bring your friends along (and we would love that).
- You often wondered where you food came from and why prices surged during holidays. We have answered your first concern with agri cluster maps and need your help to address the surge in prices.
- You will love Big Data visuals, IF it makes your plate more appetizing and purse more economical.